Owner operator LMIA is a very special program that enables many candidates to come to Canada, who would not be able to come otherwise.
Under this program, the candidate establishes a company (or Buys an existing business) in Canada and employs oneself in this own company.
The candidate applies for getting an LMIA (permission to hire foreign worker), and then with the positive LMIA result, he both gets a chance to apply for a work permit and he gets additional points to be able to use in the Express Entry profile.
What Are the Requirements of the program?
This program has one of the lowest requirements among the immigration programs.
One basic requirement is that you have to own more than 50% of the business you are starting or buying, which basically means you have the control of the company. Your proposed business should be financially feasible and create positive impact on the economy, like creating job opportunities.
There are no requirements regarding language (except that you will need to complete an interview with the immigration officer), age, education or even the amount of capital you will invest.
Of course, the amount of capital you present in your application should be reasonable based on your business plan. Also, it is important to note that you would not need to invest this money right away, you only need to show the availability of the funds in the application step
Who is this Program for?
Owner Operator LMIA program helps:
· Being able to come to Canada with a work permit
· Collecting additional points for Express Entry System (either 50 or 200 points)
Keeping this in mind, this program helps you if:
· You have no other options to come to Canada (study permit refused, not able to find job offer etc.)
· You don’t have enough points in the Express Entry program to be selected and receive an invitation, however you have enough points to de invited with an additional 50 or 200 points
· You are a couple, and once the application approved, you will come to Canada with a work permit and your partner will be eligible for getting an open work permit. This will enable your partner gain Canadian experience and apply for permanent residency in federal or provincial programs.
Timeline for the Application
Owner Operator LMIA is one of the fastest programs to bring you and your family to Canada.
From the beginning of the process:
· It will take approx. 2 months to prepare and submit the application
· The LMIA result would possibly come within 2 months of the submission
· With the positive LMIA result, work permit application will be submitted. Normally it would take about two months before your work permit is approved.
Therefore, you will be able to come to Canada with a work permit in about 6 months!
Also, with the additional points coming from the LMIA, if your express entry points are sufficient, you will be able to apply for permanent residency. Which is very possible especially if you are approved for a NOC code that will provide 200 points.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- I am over 40 years old, I was told I have no chance in immigrating to Canada, is that true?
NO. Especially in this program, majority of the successful applicants are over 40 years old.
It is true that you lose points when you get older, however, this program helps you to make up for the points that you lost. So if you have more than 270 points in Express entry, you may have permanent residency chance with this program.
- How much do I need to have as assets? How much Do I need to invest in the beginning?
You will need to have assets that will support your business plan and idea. There is no lower limit for investment.
Generally, depending on the business plan idea, showing assets of 100,000 CAD and above may be sufficient.
When it comes to initial investment, you will only need to invest money for the establishment of the company in the beginning. Basic expenses will be company registration, office lease, creation of business plan, website creation etc.
- When I get the work permit, can I also work elsewhere?
NO. as the owner operator program requires, the work permit allows you to only work in your own business. However, your spouse can get an open work permit, which allows to work anywhere.
- How do I get 50 or 200 points?
Once the LMIA is approved, the immigration officer decides for your NOC code, which sets your title. If you are considered as a mid-level manager, your NOC code will provide you 50 points. But if you are approved to be in higher level manager, such as Chief Financial Officer, or president of the company, then you will be assigned an NOC code that will provide 200 points in Express entry system.
see our other services
is a document that an employer in Canada may need to get before hiring a foreign worker....
Owner operator LMIA is a very special program that enables many candidates to come to Canada, who would not be able to come otherwise. Under this program, the candidate establishes a company (or Buys an existing business) in Canada and employs oneself in this own company. The candidate applies for getting an LMIA(permission to hire foreign worker), and then with the positive LMIA result, he both gets a chance to apply for a work permit and he gets additional points to be able to use in the Express Entry profile.
High skilled foreign nationals are allowed to come and work in Canada with an international mobility program called Intra Company Transfer.
one of the fastest ways to apply for Permanent Residency in Canada...
The program provides entrepreneurs the opportunity to immigrate to Canada to establish a new business.
this program is for to sponsor their parents or grandparents (by blood or adoption) to receive a temporary